Service Desk staff is employed to ensure authorized access and use of the facility. Also, assists in greeting, screening, referring visitors to the appropriate recreation program and staff, provides accurate information and answers questions regarding hours of operations, programs, and policies.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See http://hr.kennesaw.edu/managers/docs/Credit_check_criteria.pdf for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Student assistants must be currently enrolled in at least a half-time credit load (at least 6 hours) at KSU with the primary goal of achieving a degree.
Whether handling a phone call or a walk-in question, everyone who contacts our office is equally important and deserves your full attention. You are expected to:
• Be considerate and helpful at all times
• Be attentive to each individual’s needs
• Knowledgeably answer a person’s question or refer him/her to someone who can
• Report problems and concerns to the Facility Manager or other member of the full time staff
• Be enrolled in at a minimum of part time student status. Part time status is defined as six
(6) credit hours in the fall and spring terms and three (3) credit hours in summer term. Student assistants that fail to maintain half time status for consecutive terms will be terminated from student employment. Students must be attending KSU.
• Work each semester (including summer).
• Update your availability each semester immediately following class registration. If a leave of absence is needed, it must be requested at this time and if not approved by supervisor, may be grounds for termination.
• Hold a GPA of 2.0 or higher (Must have GPA of 2.5 or higher for Assistant Facility Managers, Facility Managers, Bike Shop Technicians, and Fitness Staff Leaders)
• Return all uniform, keys, etc. that have been issued to you upon termination.
• Hold a current First Aid and CPR/AED certification
• Know and enforce policies, procedures, and rules intelligently
• Be punctual and reliable
• Act with integrity and honesty
• Respect fellow staff members
• Respect your position as a student employee
• Provide good customer service
• Participate in all meetings, clinics and/or training
• Dress appropriately (as stated by dress code)
• Act with professional and polite behavior
• Fulfill position obligations
• Be pro-active
• Be able to manage time commitments
• Not be afraid to get dirty
Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw GA 30144
© 2011 Kennesaw State University. All rights reserved.