· Must be a student of Kennesaw State University.
· Demonstrate knowledge of exercise principles, kinesiology, and biomechanics.
· Educate participants on proper and safe exercise form, including exercise modification.
· Motivate, lead, and guide participants to an effective workout with enthusiasm.
· Monitor participants and their ability to ensure proper use of equipment and technique.
· Demonstrate first aid safety, CPR, AED, and emergency action plan knowledge.
· Arrive to class 15 minutes early with music cued, class planned, and equipment set-up.
· Stay for 15 minutes after class to put away equipment and be available to answer participant questions.
· Manage class attendance and remind participants to sign in for every class
·Provide excellent customer service.
· Adhere to dress code as outlined for employees
· Maintain consistent communication through WhentoWork, email, phone, and/ or other means as required by supervisor.
· Attend new staff training
· Promote the mission of the Department of Sports and Recreation
· Keep all certifications up-to-date, including: CPR/AED & First Aid, Primary Group Exercise and/or Specialty Certifications
· Attend group exercise instructor trainings and meetings.
· Participate in OwlFit special events and/or programs
· Assist with equipment cleaning and inspection.
· Check participant passes for high volume classes
· Mentor new instructors and complete peer evaluations.
· Assist with fitness workshops and certifications hosted by OwlFit
· All other duties as assigned by supervisor
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See https://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/content/requirements-employment for policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Student assistants must be currently enrolled in at least a half-time credit load (at least 6 hours) at KSU with the primary goal of achieving a degree.
Applicants must submit a copy of certifications CPR/AED and GF certification) along with a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this position.
* Due to the position functions and the certifications required, this position pays $10 per hour.
Kennesaw State University, 1000 Chastain Road, Kennesaw GA 30144
© 2011 Kennesaw State University. All rights reserved.